Monday, December 28, 2009

The Beginning...

Where do I begin...

Once upon a time there was a bored little housewife, blessed mother to 3 young children, isolated by the weight of responsibility. Isolated by choice, but bereft of a passion belonging to her alone. Who was this lost women?

It was me. A call from a sister of my heart changed my life and in turn changed me.

I have long had a love of books. I have always had a book near to hand, but never had I read a book that changed my life. It may sound like an immature choice of liturature to have such a power, but that book was Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. Never before had I had such an emotional connection to a story. I was sucked in. I did nothing but read for 48 hours. I did not sleep. I did not eat. I barely fed my kids.

I have an addiction to Twilight. An Obsession really. I lived and breathed it for months. I am truly coming down from a 7 month high.

Or so I thought...

In searching for that elusive high I achieved, I came across 2 new literary genres:

Vampires/Fantasy and Twilight Fan Fiction.

And again I am sucked in deep. DEEP.

Here I am, again, using writing as an outlet.

My intentions?

To share my love, to highlight some very talented authors who deserve accolades, who deserve readers, and to have a great excuse to read even more.

No comments: